Monday, May 14, 2012

New job and old midget ladies....

So I am gonna start off by apologizing for not posting a new post for a while. I just started a new job selling the Kirby home care cleaning systems. Loads of fun. Lol. But seriously. I meet a lot of new and strange people on the job. The other day I went to this one appointment in Chula Vista where I met my customer who looked like an ancient midget lady. To be completely honest, I am 6'2" so anyone shorter than me is just plain short. This lady however was barely above my waist. I wasn't sure exactly how to react to this but went about doing my demonstration for her while answering the many questions concerning my height. "So are you the tallest in your family?" One of the many questions that she bombarded me with during the 1 hour demo. I have never felt so tall! Lol. I told Queen Bee about the little lady and with her vast knowledge of anything nerd tells me that she was "Mumm-Ra" incarnate. Yes. We do watch "Thundercats" in this house and we absolutely love our nerdiness! Seriously though, all she needed was about 2 rolls of toilet tissue wrapped around her miniature frame and she could've totally pulled "Mumm-Ra" for a Halloween costume party. She would've gotten  my vote for whatever contest she signed up for! What made it even better was that she sounded like she was just as old as the partly-mummified bat.
 Moving on, she was a great lady. Very friendly and offered me dinner which I politely refused. I don't know how she could've reached the stove anyways. Poor midget lady....
 So this new job of mine comes with morning meetings. Motivational speeches from our multi-millionare boss-man and theme songs that remind me of Sunday school. The songs have hand motions too. And we have to sing the songs and do the motions to "pump" us up every morning. Yeah. Not sure about everybody else but I sing and dance thinking to myself, "Why?". It is amusing to watch though. Everybody sings and dances while laughing at each other because we all look that stupid. What's worse is that the songs were created to be perpetually playing in your head. It's like brainwashing with music. I think that there are little Kirby salesmen dancing in my head from listening to those songs. Creepy but I have to endure the dancing and singing so my boss can appreciated his employees "motivation". Ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment